Saturday, May 7, 2011

Just Three More Days Until I Live Like a Roman for Three Weeks...

So, when I began my blog at the beginning of the semester, the two main reasons I wanted to start it was 1.) to share my wedding plans, and 2.) to share my trip to Rome, Italy.

Well, it's Saturday, and I have just three more days until we leave for Rome. I have most everything packed; however, I have a good bit of room (to me, anyways) left in my suitcase. I am pretty proud of myself for packing so lightly for three weeks!! (Maybe I should hold off on the bragging until I am completely and fully packed!) I am pretty sure I packed twice as much stuff when Kyle and I went to Mexico last summer for five days.

It is a miracle I actually have down time. You see, not only was this week "packing week," but it was also "moving week." I had to pack up my entire room from the Wesley Foundation and move everything to mine, Holly's and Austin's new house in Jacksonville. It's an older, ugly little orange house, but it's pretty cute on the inside. But, back to the point, Moving isn't an easy task, but fortunately, I got everything boxed up, moved, and unpacked just in enough time to pack half of it back up for the trip. I have had my excitement for the trip masked by the stress of moving for the past few weeks; however, at the "three days to go mark," I am very excited and hopeful for this trip. I know we are going to have one of the best three weeks of our lives--no work, no worries, no school (not in a classroom, anyways), lots of rich food, great wine, and lots of culture! I am getting more and more excited just thinking about it!!

Oh, and this week also marked the "one year to go" mark for mine and Kyle's wedding! I can't believe after four and one half years that we have less than one year until we say "I do!"

Blessings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment